Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Susan McBride

When someone's culture or language is second place, or no place at all, we all lose. The gifts we each have get lost when there is a pecking order that flies in the face of all of us being precious and equal in the sight of a creator who never tagged anyone as less than another. We all need one another in order to make our world as great a place as it can be. I need your art, your music, your personality, your reasoning. How else could it be? If I woke up tomorrow with a different ethnicity my worth would be no less. When I was a kid there were white and colored drinking fountains. Today that is not allowed due to the courageous acts of people who said, "NO" to the practice of treating someone as less than for reasons we know to be wrong. Demanding someone speak the language I know so not to inconvenience me is just as wrong.

When I was a kid there were white and colored drinking fountains. Today that is not allowed...

No comments:

Post a Comment