Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eddie Gray

Mostly, I'd like to talk about the unintended consequences that may result. How is American Sign Language interpretation covered in the proposed amendment language?
I am wondering why the media hasn't grasped onto this point as well. I personally don't believe that the drafters of this legislation even had this in mind. While I am a bit frustrated by some of the language issues (why only focus on Spanish and not any of the other languages spoken by newcomers to the area?), this xenophobia should not be allowed to persist in our lives. Some folks want their piece of the American dream while making sure that no one else can realize it. That is more un-American than anything I have observed.

Some folks want their piece of the American dream while making sure that no one else can realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment